The company “Fodor’s Travel” has published an amazing TOP9, which names the destinations to which it is better not to go in 2024. It is significant that this TOP does not include dangerous countries, but popular destinations.
1. Venice, Italy. This Italian pearl has been suffering from over-tourism for many years and is unable to cope with its problems. The company mentions that a fee will be charged from tourists, but crazy prices can also be observed in the city itself.
Article continues after commercial
2. Athens, Greece. Again, too many tourists damaging Greece’s historic buildings.
3. Mount Fuji, Japan. Too much risk for tourists when climbing the mountain. Moreover, the number of visitors is too high to enjoy this destination.
4. San Gabriel, California, USA. The only oasis near Los Angeles is suffering from overcrowding.
5. Halong Bay, Vietnam. Too many tourist boats and fishing boats destroying the ecology and creating too much waste.
6. Atacama Desert, Chile. Tourism threatens the ecology.
7. Great Lake Michigan. Tourism threatens the ecology of Michigan’s lake system.
8. Ganges River, India. Too many tourists cause problems – the current decreases, pollution increases, which also threatens the river’s dolphins.
9. Ko Samui Island, Thailand. Tourists pose a threat to the island’s water – it has already decreased by 70%.