• Tonight, all three tickets will be decided in direct duels, and both the loudest and relatively fiercest of them is expected in Leverkusen, the home of the leaders of the German Bundesliga, where Ukraine will host Italy. Ukraine will only need a win – both have 13 points each, but Italy was superior at home with 2:1 and in case of a draw, they will be ahead due to the head-to-head matches.
• Both teams have a safety cushion in the form of rematches. In the League of Nations, Italy won its subgroup of League A and reserved a place in the play-offs, while Ukraine, with the second position in Group B, took sixth place in the overall standings of the League – since the higher Scots and Serbs are already in the final tournament, the Ukrainians would also have a place in the play-offs.
• The second place in Group H will be decided in Ljubljana – Slovenia, which does not have a play-off safety cushion, will also need a point at home against direct rivals Kazakhstan. In March, the Slovenians bounced back and won 2-1 in Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan won their C-League group and will play in the play-offs in March if they finish third.
• Unlike the third-placed Ukraine and Kazakhstan in groups C and H, there is no rematch reserve for Moldova, who are only in fourth place in group E and must win in the Czech Republic – the match ended 0-0 in Chisinau in March. A draw would mean a consolation prize for Moldova – third place in the group, pushing Poland to fourth.
• Before the decisive game, the Czechs removed three first-team players Vladimir Coufala, Jakub Brabec and Jan Kuht, who violated the regime after the draw in Warsaw (1:1).
• While the scenarios in the ticket battle are obvious, fingers will certainly be kept behind the scenes by a number of countries that do not yet know whether they will be in the playoffs. So, for example, Estonia needs at least one of Italy and the Czech Republic to get a direct ticket, Iceland needs to hope for Ukraine’s victory, and Azerbaijan – for Kazakhstan.
“Euro 2024” selection, November 20
|C||Ukraine – Italy||21.45|
|North Macedonia – England||21.45|
|E||Czech Republic – Moldova||21.45|
|Albania – Faroe Islands||21.45|
|H||Slovenia – Kazakhstan||21.45|
|Northern Ireland – Denmark||21.45|
|San Marino – Finland||21.45|
|4.||North Macedonia||7||2||1||4||9:19 a.m||7|
|2.||Czech Republic (poo)||7||3||3||1||9:6||12|
|5.||Faroe Islands||7||0||1||6||2:13 a.m||1|
|5.||northern Ireland||9||2||0||7||7:13 a.m||6|
|6.||San Marino||9||0||0||9||2:29 a.m||0|
“Euro 2024” final tournament
|The final tournament||Replays|
|Germany; Belgium; In France; Portugal; Scotland||Poland; Finland; Israel|
|Spain; Turkey; Austria; England; Hungary||Bosnia and Herzegovina; Georgia|
|Slovakia; Albania; Denmark; the Netherlands; Romania||Greece; Luxembourg|