“It’s good that at least they’re alive!” this is what Marina Lazdiņa from Rēzekne states, remembering the disaster of the fire, which surprised her family like snow on the head on a wet November evening.
The burning started due to an electrical short circuit. Even though the building was equipped with smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher, nothing was able to contain and save the burning building, which has been cherished by one family for several decades.
For the last few years, Marina has been living in Rēzekne, but her brother and stepmother, who is a disabled person of the second group and can only move around with crutches, were living in the burnt house. Now they have also been burnt in the fire. The family is asking for help.
The association “After the fire” has opened a donation phone for the Lazdiņi family. By calling 90203909, you will donate one euro and fifty cents to the victims, while calling 90006860 will donate four euros and twenty-seven cents to the family. On the other hand, you can contact Marina herself privately by calling her on the phone number 29186330. The family will be grateful for any help and involvement.